Medical Hold - Not Accepting Applications
Adoption Fee: $500
Special Needs- Deaf
Age: 2 YEARS Gender: male Size: large Primary Breed: BOXER Primary Color: WHITE Shed Level Moderate Energy Level: Moderate to High Housetrained: Yes Kid Friendly: Yes Cat Friendly: Unknown Dog Friendly: Yes Crate Trained: YES but does well in home without kennel
Kairo is a 2 Year Old Boxer that has full hearing loss. He doesn't let that slow him down! Here are a few notes from his foster mom:
- Not only does he like to be touched, but he likes to sleep on you… not just with you, ON you! J He likes to really snuggle in.
- His snoring is Richter scale impressive. Secure any loose objects on the shelves.
- Although he still does not show any food aggression, he does know the timing of the meal routine. He will whine to encourage you be on time. He and Abby are also very good at making sure the other dog has cleaned their bowl properly. Turns out, he will eat the milk bone treats… he may have just been a little suspicious at first.
- He still needs practice eating whipped cream from a spray can, but he’s totally willing to put in the time. 😛
- He is allowed the run of the house. He has not shown any real interest in houseplants or upholstery. He has also shown no real interest in wiping his muddy feet when he comes in from outside.
- He LOVES being able to see out the window.
- He will “run after” and bark if he gets a glimpse of any movement. This includes light reflecting off the walls, etc.
- He’ll also try to chase or “attack” the vacuum cleaner if it has a headlight on it. We’re working on “no” with this practice.
- He does not like cold or rain. He REALLY does not like cold rain! Meanwhile, he did cooperate with a warm bath.
- He poops in my blueberries.
- He has attempted to pee on Sam (resident dog). In fact, there isn’t much he won’t pee on. Thank goodness he’s housetrained!
- He gets the zoomies when I come home.
Kairo has been neutered, is up to date on vaccinations, monthly preventatives, and is microchipped. Please read his adoption requriements below and follow the link below to visit our webstie to review our adoption process and complete an applicaiton to welcome Kairo home today!
- PATIENT HOME TO CONTINUE TO WORK ON HAND SIGNALS AND TRAINING
- PHYSICALLY FENCED IN YARD TO KEEP KAIRO SAFE
- RESIDENT DOG TO CONTINUE TO HELP GUIDE KAIRO IN HIS ENVIRONMENT
Available DogsSee All Dogs
Dogs in our program reside in foster homes. Adoption process details can be found on our Adoption Process page. Listings are updated in real-time as dogs become available or find new homes.